Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

A couple months ago Italia decided she wanted to be the blue bird from Rio (Jewel) but she wanted it in the Carnival style at the end of the show. So I started looking. And I think I did a pretty good job at creating the look. :) Luckily Donny was home and so we did a bunch of stuff.
The tuesday before Italia got to wear her costume or at least a modified version to dance. Then on Friday we went to Trick or Treat Street. It was fun. Everyone new who Italia was (the bird from Rio) so that was good. And we got lots of compliments. On Saturday we went to Boo at the Zoo and Italia won First prize in the 4-6 yr old costume contest. There was probably 30 or so kids.
It was really cute because we had to explain what a contest was. Then she said she wanted to win but I told her she had to clap and be happy for who ever won. She stood on stage and held her wings out then she even twirled. They called the 3rd place winner and she was like "oh man I wanted to win" so i told her that there was still more to win but she needed to be happy and clap for who ever won. I personally thought we had a good chance but I was a little biased:) Then she did the same for 2nd place and then they called her for 1st place and she was so excited and kept saying things like " I won the contest!" "I am the best"
Then on Halloween she got to wear her costume to school and then went Trick or Treating with Dad and Grandpa. She didn't go to many houses though cause she would jump through all the leaves and talk to everyone and want to pet all the dogs:) But the important thing is for her to have fun I can go buy a bag of candy thats not the point:)