Monday, October 27, 2008

Panties and Cheese

So I don't know if you can tell in the pics but she is wearing panties. So I am not trying to potty train her but I am trying to teach her what potty is and what it entails. I have had a potty seat upstairs for awhile now and I put her on it sometimes like before baths. Also when I change her diapers I try to talk about going potty. She has been figuring it out more lately and shone some interest. The other day she was sitting on Grandmas lap and grandma asked if she was going potty and Italia got down and ran to the bathroom. If I say go potty she usually runs to the bathroom or points to her diaper.
I am not going to rush this cause I think kids need to be "ready" for you to have good success without too much headache.
So Donny and I have talked about trying to be better about teaching her about "potty" so Saturday I bought a seat for the basement, a stool, and panties. She wanted to open the panties when we got home then wanted to wear them. (over her diaper I am not ready for the real thing yet) Then later after bathtime and jammies she wanted to wear them again so I put them on over her jammies. Same with tonight.







Now you may be wondering why this post is called "Panties and Cheese" considering I haven't talked about cheese yet? So On Friday we stopped to get something to eat before taking Grandma to the airport and Grandma took her pic and she smiled and said "cheese" this is the first time she ever has done this and did it without prompting. I am not overly sure how she learned this cause I don't think I say "say cheese" when I take her pics cause the few times I do this she gets up and wants cheese. So tonight when I wanted to take her pic showing off her panties. I got the camera out and sat down with her and she says "cheese"

No comments: