Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Exercising....

So I am trying to change my exercise philosophy.

Before I felt if I can't do it all the way all the time for the right amount of minutes then why do it.

But now I realize that unless I completely stop eating or only eat lettuce I am not going to lose weight with just diet.
I can do a very restrictive diet for a short amount of time but I can't keep it up.

I just like food to much I also like cooking and baking so its not easy to totally avoid it.

I came to the conclusion I have to exercise. I have no choice in the matter if I want to lose weight and be healthy.
I also know most likely I won't be exercising 4 times a week for an hour. But I can try to do more than I did before.
I hate exercising when I feel pressured I can enjoy exercising but I have to get past all that past emotional issues I have against exercise.

So what have I done?
I signed up for an adult dance class. It is once a week for an hour and they provide the babysitter.
Some days I get a good workout. Somedays mainly just good stretching.

I also try to go to zumba...a latin style dance aerobics.
I love zumba, even if I feel like I can't walk afterwards :)
I am never sore in the morning though.
I really stretches my bad hips and that is why I feel like I can't walk.
The class is offered Monday and Thursday nights at 8pm.
I go when Donny is home. I seriously would go every night if I could.
I really need to find a babysitter for when he is not home.

Anyone know a babysitter in my area.
I have lost weight.
I am not exactly sure how much because I don't know for sure what I was at when I started.
I believe I have lost more inches than weight
I am in a size smaller pants.
I notice all my clothes feeling looser or fitting better.
I have even worn some clothes that haven't seen the light of day for more than three years.
I am not trying to get skinny over night.
I am trying to change my views and life style to a more healthy active one.
I also want my weight loss to remain with me not just to gain it back as soon as I stop thinking about it so I am doing it slow and stead...thats what wins the race right!


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you!

lexie said...

Yeah for you! It is super hard to lose inches so that is awesome! I love zumba too! I am proud of you for doing what you can. Someday you might even find you like to work out. For me it is a totally stress reliever.

Amber said...

Wish I had your commitment. I loved zumba.. although I've never sweated so much in my entire life! Congrats on losing weight! I would love to take a dance class! Where are you taking it at?