Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I want to start by saying we are very blessed and thankful for the blessings and the place we are in right now.

This year because we were so blessed I wanted to help others out. We were able to "adopt" three children from an angel tree and get them a Christmas. I hope it made there lives a little happier. I also was able to be an LDS Angel for a LDS mom group I am in on CafeMom and sent a Visa giftcard to a lady whose family was struggling. However she probably won't get it until Monday or Tuesday since I didn't get the address until Tuesday night.

On Thursday Grandma and Papa Mitchell came over then Paul, Margaret, Margaret's mom, Kimra, Tony, and Devon came over for a big dinner. I must say I was pretty proud of my self for it:) I made my first turkey and it turned out yummy and juicy. I made mash potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, rolls, and a relish tray. Mom brought a cheese ball and stuffing. Then the others brought drinks. It was all yummy.





Our family picture.


Then we made graham cracker houses. Donny and Italia took the stucko approach. With a tropical flair. Italia kept saying that her house needed more bananas.
Christmas morning I was too excited so I woke everyone up at 8. Then we waited to go downstair.




This is Italia walking in the room checking out her loot.You can't see them but on the floor are Zhu Zhu pets and she was intently watching them move around their little play house.



Donny and Italia got a joint gift....The Wii. This is them boxing. Don't mind the toys scattered around, we had a wonderful Christmas.

3 comments:

lexie said...

What a fun Christmas! I love that you had to wake everyone up at 8! My dog woke us all up at 7!!

The Cook Clan said...

What a fun Christmas! It is so nice to be able to give to others!!!

AMBER said...

Enjoy sleeping in because in the next few years Italia will want to wake up early or even better not want to sleep. Good times though and so fun to watch there excited faces. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas! We really are blessed!