Wednesday, January 6, 2010

School

So I am going to go to school to become an Accountant. I know right anyone who knows me is probably think WHAT! accounting that is not you. I know but I think it is my best option right now.

I have been wanting to go back to school for awhile now. We moved and built a house so that wasn't the right time. Then we have been here and I have been thinking about it. I have been tossing the idea around as to if I wanted to go to ISU or BYU-I but I just didn't know what I wanted.

I was having trouble coming around to the idea of having Italia in daycare or babysat for a while now. I didn't want to do full time so it would probably take me 4 yrs or longer to complete my degree while going part time. I was never to do more than one class at a time as well since it has been awhile since going to school and I didn't want to overwhelm myself at the beginning. Also I am not very good with being very busy. Also I have always wanted to be a teacher and I still do but I am not sure what kind anymore. I use to want to do elementry but lately I haven't had the same desire to be around a lot of kids as I use to. So I have been toying with the idea of being a history teacher. But I just haven't been committed even to do anything about it.

So I have been seeing these commercials about Steven-Henerger college. They just opened a office in town and I just felt like I should look into them. I didn't for awhile. Some things that happened last week has left with a overwhelming desire to do something else for me and my sanity that was more constructive. So today I got online and looked around and decided to call and I had an appointment today. It is all online classes so I can do it from home. The accounting program is 36months but some of my generals mights transfer over so that would make it shorter. I also felt accounting gave me the most flexiblity and the possibility of working from home. So if I can get everything set up in time I will be starting January 18th

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck! It is always good to better yourself and increase your knowledge and skill. Your daughter will be happy if you are happy! You are a great mom and wife. I know you can do it!

Kmelanese said...

YaY!! Good for you!! I want to go back to school too but maybe someday..... Good luck!!

Amber said...

That is so exciting! YAY!!! Good luck with all the accounting classes! If you ever need a "study break" just give me a call! lol