Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was fun. Donny had his company party, it was at the Collage. A very fancy upscale restaurant. It was fun for me cause I have been wanting to go to one of those very fancy restaurants, you know the kind that has a Chef not just a cook:) And I liked it even better cause it was on someone elses tab. We got to try some new things. For appetizers they order a couple plates of a garlic basil shrimp and escargot so we got to try that and surpisingly good. I was worried it would be rubbery but it wasn't it was creamy. For our second course Donny and I shared lobster bisque. It was pretty good. Then Donny ordered a buffalo ribeye with sweet potato towers that had white truffle oil in them (those were gross) he liked his steak though. I had a herb goat cheese stuffed chicken breast. It was the most moist chicken ever. I also had mushroom rossotto. Then for dessert Donny and I shared homemade chocolate chipotle ice cream. It wasn't that great Donny said the one way to ruin ice cream is to make it spicy. But I was glad we got to try a lot of new things that we normally wouldn't.
Then we went back to his boss' house and played games with them and thier daughter and her husband. We had a good time then we left and came home and rang in the New Year with Mom and Scott. with breakfast burritos. Also good note Italia went to bed with no problem for my mom :)

1 comment:

lexie said...

I am totally shocked that you tried all those new foods! I am glad that you guys had a fun new years!
Now, tell donny to get back to working on the house!