Saturday, December 6, 2008

Update on Long Days

We are still sick but getting better. I took Italia to the Dr on Thursday and no ear infection which is good just a bad cold and she is cutting her eye teeth. The NOT TRYING HARD POTTY TRAINING is going really well considering I am not doing to much of anything. Yesterday she was a turkey though about going potty. In the morning she was in my bed and she was just waking up and I go "do you need to go potty" she tells me NO! then I changed her diaper cause I knew if she went one more time I was going to have a wet bed. Then after changing her again I asked her again lets go potty. She again tells me NO! then I hear a toot and she pushes and I hear a gush of pee. She purposing went potty in her diaper cause she didn't want to go on the potty. Funny girl. This morning she woke up at 8 and didn't want to go back to bed and so we went to the potty and she went again on the toilet. This time she got potty treats M&Ms. Then cause she was grouchy we laid back down around 9:30 and when we got up at 1030 she pretty much told be she had to go potty and went again in the toilet. She was asking for treats as she was sitting there.
So that is five times in one week of going potty on the toilet. All I am doing is taking her when she wakes up in the morning. I am not trying to train her persay I am just trying to get her use to the idea. A lot of the time she tells me when she goes potty. she says AHHH potty and I tell her to tell me before. Occassionally I sit her on the pot during the day but not much. I usually put her on potty before baths but we have done that for months now.
I am not pushing it cause I know she can't be completely potty trained for awhile for a few reasons. 1. she drinks a ton 2. she pees even more. 3. she is in a crib so I don't think she could be potty trained at night until she is in a big bed which won't be until we get in our house even though she is ready now 4. Shh don't tell but she still takes a bottle at night. Cause we are in the same room and that is not a good thing for sleeping inthe night casue if I try to ignore her she just sits there yelling at me "mama baba mamma baba all gone" I know she shouldn't have a bottle at night she should be sleeping all night but that is not an option right now since we all sleep in the same room

No comments: