Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

We went to the Balloon Launch in Driggs. It was way fun. I am trying to do more out the the norm things for our family, also on a budget. I am not very good at stepping out of the norm so we will see how I do with this goal. We started the day friday with running a few errands in IF then packed up and headed to Victor. I planned to drive during Italias nap because I knew she wouldn't take one when we got there. And she fell asleep on the way just as planned. I love when things go as planned:) We got there and then decided to go to the park and look at the craft/art fair and walked along main street to see what was there.


Italia loved every minute of them. We were able to stay in a condo in victor (for free) and we brought up sandwich stuff and munchies so we didn't have to spend a lot of money on food. We started the day at 4:30am. Italia did surprisingly well since we never wake her up early. She took a few minutes to wake up and be happy but she was ready go on time. She loved watching all the balloons. I am glad we decided to do this.

Our family pic not the best of us but the best lighting. In the others they are to dark.
I love the lighting on this one. How Italia is in the shadow and the balloon is lite up.

She was pointing at all the different balloons. She did a lot of pointing today.

3 comments:

lexie said...

The balloons looked awesome.We totally want to do that some year. The pictures with Italia and the balloons are cool

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, so cool!!! I love hot air balloons!!

Lynne said...

It was a great time!! Thanks for inviting me to come along:) Sorry the family pics didn't come out:( cuz i took them!! Italia was cute that morning she was in awe!!