Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Picture wall....and other ramblings




Okay, so if I write above my first picture my type is bold and underlined and I can't get it off. So I will write everything down here. I have been working on my family picture wall...I am not a 100% happy with it but hopefully it will grow on me. I knew I wanted one but it took me forever to decide where and I kept changing my mind. finally I decided and I originally was going to use frames I already had or cheap ones I could find and possibly spray paint them all one color but I was able to get all the frames from Kohl's for a way good deal because I had coupons;) So I started filling in my pics...I can't find some of them that I want. They must be packed somewhere weird. So after many comments from other people about my on going project that still was not on the wall I decided I would hang them up with or with out the pics. Also I need to matte one pic because it doesn't fit right.
I cut out paper the size of all the frames and and taped them on the wall. Then I carefully measured where the hanging up things were on the back of the frame and marked it on the paper then nailed in my nails ( which were special hanging up pics nails with hooks) Then I ripped off the paper. They didn't work like I want them too. The pics are up on the walls but I think that I will get some sticky foam to stick on the corners to help straighten them up a bit and for a little more support. I don't trust my hanging job. That is what happens when project get left solely up to a novice. But if I want anything done inside before winter I will have to do it by myself. Donny has been working a ton of over time which is nice to fund all of are extra projects around the house. But it also makes it very hard to have time for those projects. He has also been working out of town more often then not. And the projects that he is concentrating on when home is out side ones.

On to the pink markers aren't they great! I love pink things. I also love office supplies two for one.

2 comments:

lexie said...

Good job on getting the pictures up. Love the dress for Italia! She is getting so big!

Jessica said...

I love family picture walls. I have found that laying things out on the floor makes it really easy to arrange things without the hassle of cutting paper. And you can see what pictures look good together. But yours looks great!